- A national visitors’ program to proactively inform teachers, administrators, policy leaders and experts about the use of formative assessment lessons and inquiry teams to drive student achievement;
- A video library of classroom instructional practices;
- Quarterly press releases and impact reports that combine strategies implemented, data on impact and testimonials from practitioners.
Key responsibilities include
- Manage and implement the knowledge management strategy of a multi-school, federally funded impact study.
- Collaborate on building process monitoring systems and benchmarks that enable tracking of the dissemination efforts of the a2i program.
- Coordinate high-level visits to a2i schools in collaboration with a2i project leads.
- Collaborate on the creation of a video library related to a2i, common core (possibly in literacy as well as mathematics), and inquiry practices.
- Collaborate on the development of a literature repository for dissemination of cutting edge innovations related to the inquiry process and formative assessments in math as well as other subject areas and the common core.
- Support cross-unit knowledge management strategies around key bodies of work within New Visions.
- Sets goals and evaluates progress on a regular basis;
- Identifies professional development opportunities;
- Addresses performance problems in a timely and effective manner;
- Ensures regular use of New Visions reporting systems by New Visions staff to share work and enhance communications.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in field of education or relevant field including library sciences or knowledge management; background in mathematics education desirable but not necessary;
- A minimum of five years experience in one or more of the following fields: education, library sciences, knowledge management, school reform or related fields;
- Experience working with multi-media tools and video production desirable.
Required Skill Sets
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead complex, multi-strand projects.
- Strong group facilitation skills -- ability to get consensus and collaboration across diverse New Visions’ units, New Visions’ Partnership School Organization and charter schools.
- Ability to translate complex ideas to different stakeholders.
- Exceptional Internet research, qualitative analysis, oral and written communication, organizational and project management skills.
- Experience or interest in knowledge management essential.
Applicants may apply via the New Visions Recruitment Portal.