Knowledge, Education and Skills Required• Bachelor's degree.
• Minimum 3 years experience with analysis of health care data, both administrative and clinical data.
• Experience in statistics, analysis and information presentation.
• Experience in operations and data system access/analysis.
• Proficient in ACCESS, SQL and EXCEL functions.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred• RN with Nursing informatics background desired or Strong clinical Background
• Master's degree.
Job SummaryThe Knowledge Management Analyst has the responsibility and accountability for the creation of monitoring, measurement, evaluation and improvement analysis and reporting to the satisfaction of internal and external customers. As directed by the Director, Knowledge Management Committee, and Operations management, creates measurement, analysis and reporting applications including dashboards, alerts and reports. This position is responsible for collaborative action in systems design and implementation, information systems operations, and providing support to a variety of special projects.
Essential Generic Job Functions (List in order of importance)1. Evaluates current information processing systems and coordinates planned changes, upgrades and conversion as necessary
2. Manages the utilization and affects the translation of analytical requirements into development activities in the various Knowledge Management solutions including but not limited to Premier, Siemens, vendor databases, and other available information systems, tools, technologies and processes. Also additional skills to include EPIC Systems reporting and ORACLE B.I.
3. Consults and liaisons with the Data Integration Analysts, clinical chairs, chiefs and Directors, and vendors of public reporting entities as well as database Administrators, application analysts and data architects to translate requirements into efficient and effective applications and data structures.
4. Provides research to Clinical Knowledge Management Director and CQO for building the business case for quality; identifying opportunities for cost reduction through improved care outcomes; the return on investment of improvement initiatives; thorough benefits-cost analysis of new projects.
5. Facilities and executes applications development to enable performance measurement and improvement projects.
6. Participates as a member of the Performance Improvement Coordinating Committee and appropriate project teams.
7. Supports Service Lines Committees and teams for clinical and operations management in meeting project goals and objectives.
8. Supports operations by utilizing appropriate information systems to develop supporting integrated clinical, financial and operational data and reports.
9. Identifies failures of gaps for the development of data flow processes and subsequent management there of to ensure relevance, accuracy and consistency of information for use in the Clinical Chairman’s Quarterly reports and physician re-credentialing.
10. Works collaboratively with organizations responsible for public reporting and rewards programs (Leapfrog, Horizon Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Premier) to understand intent of metrics and feedback on access of data to support intent of quality metric.
11. Provides analysis of changes in public reporting program metrics so to identify organizational performance gaps and resulting reward jeopardy..
12. Grants, revokes, monitors and maintains the security roles of knowledge management information technology access.
13. Creates, implements and monitors users, group and workstation access and controls.
14. Provides training to employees on the access and utilization of the various knowledge management information.
15. Designs and creates key clinical, financial, and operational data as directed by Quality Improvement groups and the Director of Performance Improvement.
16. Participates in departmental task forces and committees to acquire performance information and analytical requirements.
17. Develops analyses that meet users' needs and support business plan relating to service, department and division.
18. Participates in education of Department of Performance Improvement staff to the processes of continuous quality improvement in order to integrate improvement tools into service lines narrative analyses.
19. Presents at new employee General Orientation addressing HUMC’s performance improvement strategic plans, goals, objectives and national collaborative .
20. Provides seamless clinical, operational and financial data in a useable format.
21. Provides and facilities the use of performance measurement information systems.
22. Provides a wide variety of performance measurement and reporting support to the Chief Quality and Safety Officer and Operating Managers including creating analysis, reports, dashboards, etc.
23. Consults with internal and external clients on data quality issues.
24. Provides recommendations for process and data capture improvements.
25. Works with operational information system applications and data architects to design improvements in performance data capture.